[lvs-users] New lvs user questions

Ray W. Johnson raywjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 21:33:46 BST 2011

Greetings all,

New to the list and to LVS. Just need a bit of insight. Please excuse
these potential newbie questions.

I read through most of the HOWTO (:-1) specifically on the LVS-DR setup
(http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-DR.html). I
think this is the best way to accomplish my goal.

I have 10 servers, all with regular IPs. One will act as director, the
others as real servers. However, I do not have direct access to them.
Only via SSH login. So my questions are directly related to remote access.

Is setting up LVS via SSH even possible?

Can all the servers have IP aliases that allow me direct access via SSH?

Can I just use normal/public IPs (and not private 192. IPs)? (note: the
director will eventually be set to only allow connections from specified
outside IPs/clients and those connections will have heavy filtering)

Am I missing something critical? :/

Thanks for any info or insight. I will be re-reading the HOWTOs and docs.

--RayJ