[lvs-users] localnode question

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Nov 30 12:41:44 GMT 2011

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Dean Scothern wrote:

> On Wrote, 30 Nov 2011, Joseph Mack wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, Dean Scothern wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to either disable or bypass the localnode behaviour in ipvs?
>>
>> other than not using it?
> What alternatives are there?

1 and 0 are the only two possibilities in a binary system.

localnode is uses a feature of the kernel. It's in LVS
because it was possible to do. It isn't a recommended
feature for a production LVS. You can make a demo LVS out of
two boxes but that's about it.

> I have a two box solution in which both nodes are real servers.
> The boxes are connected via their primary interfaces.
> Exim(mail) is running on both. Pacemaker is used for HA and can migrate the two exims in the usual way.
> I want to load balance between the two nodes and as I'm not allowed to use lvs-dr I've tried to use lvs-nat.
> To this end I've added a secondary network and again used pacemaker to manage the secondary VIPS (and ldirectord).

your diagram didn't survive e-mail. Do you have a mixture of
tabs and blanks?

> I really don't want to add a separate load balancer cluster for the sake of two machines.

OK. I don't see any other way out of it.