[lvs-users] Risposta: Re: LVS balancing real server with 2 ip address

Roberto Galluzzi Roberto.Galluzzi at zucchetti.it
Tue Sep 27 09:49:15 BST 2011

My Squid version uses only 1 core so I distribute the load on more instances on the same machine.

About NAT I read that real server need to set director as default gateway. But my real server has a firewall as default gateway that let the exit on the internet.

Do I need to add a route?

Thanks
Roberto

On 9/27/11 2:47 AM, Roberto Galluzzi wrote:

> ipvsadm -A -t 172.16.1.139:8080 -s lblc
> ipvsadm -a -t 172.16.1.139:8080 -r 172.16.1.56:8080 -g
> ipvsadm -a -t 172.16.1.139:8080 -r 172.16.1.52:8080 -g
Your problem is a packet routed through the load balancer hitting either
of these real server rules is going to look the same to the real server
- It will have no way of distinguishing between them and handling the
packet with the correct squid instance.

I'm not sure the reasoning behind trying to route to two squid instances
on the same box, but doing NAT rather than direct routing will probably
make it work.

David