[lvs-users] [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 1.2.3
acassen at freebox.fr
Fri Jul 13 07:27:04 BST 2012
Quick headup to announce new keepalived release. Mostly merged most of
pending patches. (thanks Vincent for your long term help !)
I created a github keepalived repo becoming the new git keepalived MASTER
repo. Please have a look at :
ChangeLog for this release is :
2012-07-13 Alexandre Cassen <acassen at linux-vs.org>
* keepalived-1.2.3 released.
* Please look at git repo for credits.
* VRRP : allow group to use priority with 'global_tracking'
* VRRP : Adjust TOS values. The TOS value used by other
vendors is ip precedence 6, so change that. Use socket
priority option to force packets into band 0 of pfifo_fast.
* VRRP : Fix sync-group thrashing.The sync group implementation
was not very robust. If one synced instance lost communication
without going to fault state then all synced intances would
transition to master. Following this all instances would
transition back to backup because they heard higher priority
advertisements. This thrashing would continue indefinitely.
To fix this the sync-group code was made to prefer backup
state. That is, the sync-groups don't sync to master state
unless every instance wants to be master.
* VRRP : Fix dst lladdr in IPv6 Unsollicited NA.
* VRRP : fix pid display in syslog messages.
* Fix configure script to correctly identify kernel version.
* check : handle unspecified sockaddr_storage when comparing
* VRRP : ensure VRRP script interval and GARP delay is not 0.
* check: ensure non 0 default values for timeouts.
* VRRP : Fix priority not changing on reload.
* check : Fix IPv4 address comparison routine.
* Don't use bind() with AF_UNSPEC.
* check : enable the use of fwmark with IPv6 virtual servers.
* Fix modprobe arguments.
* Fix double ntohs() in SMTP checker.
* Pretty-print IP:port as [%s]:%d.
* check : keep retry in case of early TCP failures in checks.
* when specifying an IPv6 range, range is hexadecimal value.
* Only define kernel types for ip_vs.h header to avoid problems
when loading other headers.
* When respawning VRRP or check process, use LOG_ALERT.
* Do not set reload flag in the main process.
* Set correct rights on PID file.
* fix 'gratuitous' typos.
* ipvs: don't include linux/types.h or asm/types.h.
* configure: check for nl_socket_modify_cb for libnl.
* configure: don't check for IPVS support with kernel 2.6.x.
* VRRP : On shutdown, release sockets later to be able to send
* fix documentation on linkbeat_use_polling keyword.
* Fix a typo for healthchecker.
* fix syslog message if bogous vrrp packet (wrong auth type)
* manpage update.
More information about the lvs-users