[lvs-users] ldirectord patch submission - "checkarg" extra argument to "external" and "external-perl" scripts.

Alun auj at aber.ac.uk
Fri Jul 13 15:10:27 BST 2012

Hi,

I've been using ldirectord for years with no problems. Recently, I moved
the matching to using a firewall mark so that we can manage all ports on
a particular virtual IP rather than just a few nominated ports. This works
well, but leaves me unable to monitor all the relevant ports from within
ldirectord. For example, I can't monitor a web server running http and
https.

"No problem", thought I, "I can just use an external checkcommand and hand
that the list of ports I'd like to monitor".

But I can't. There's no facility to pass extra command line arguments
to the checking script.

Please see the attached patch file, which implements a "checkarg" setting.
If a checkarg is specified then it's supplied as a fifth argument to the
checkcommand script (both for external and external-perl).

I'd really appreciate it if you considered it worth adding to ldirectord...

Incidentally, I think there's a bug relating to checkport and checkcommand
scripts. The scripts are always handed the virtual service port rather than
the value of checkport if specified. I'd have thought it should be the
latter.

Cheers,
Alun.

--
Alun Jones,    auj at aber.ac.uk,    01970 622494
Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth / Information Services