[lvs-users] lvs tun and ipip fragments

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Tue May 22 01:24:33 BST 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 01:14:35AM +0300, Julian Anastasov wrote:
> 	ipip_tunnel_xmit() uses such logic to disable
> the PMTUD with nopmtudisc flag in the ip tool. May be we

Exactly!

> can do the same, the question is how to provide this flag,
> may be with IPVS_DEST_ATTR_NO_PMTUD attribute in
> include/linux/ip_vs.h
>
> 	May be it should come as some new field in
> struct ip_vs_dest, eg. unsigned int mode_flags; and
> #define IP_VS_DEST_MODE_NO_PMTUD 0x0001

The other way would be do define a new packet forwarding method like
'ipip with frags' perhaps with -I to ipvsadm.  I think it really
comes down to what you guys think is most consistent with the reset
of the system and configuration options and how easy it is to add.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way