[lvs-users] DNS LVS questions

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Sun Sep 23 09:51:17 BST 2012

Thanks for the localhost addressing tip.  I've got my lvs dns in production
now and it is cranking along.  I had to lower the udp timeout to 1 second
from my predicted 15 because the latter was crashing the server with OOM.
Even with 1 second timeout, the InActConn are piling up (it hovers around 300):

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
UDP  cns1.domain.com:domain wlc
  -> localhost:domain             Route   12     0          282
  -> rec3.domain.com:domain     Route   4      0          84

I don't understand why lvs is tracking these connections, because I presume
with UDP they don't flow back through.  Is there a trigger to have it just
"fire and forget" UDP after it is released to the real-IP?