[lvs-users] DNS LVS questions

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Wed Sep 26 09:21:46 BST 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 00:16 -0700, Kelsey Cummings wrote:
> And, actually, I was looking in the wrong place.  We have persistence
> turned off.  Sorry!

I don't believe persistence is the issue here - it's the actual UDP

If Pete's system is hitting an OOM with defaults set, something is very
wrong. In times past I ran a 3-node active-active-active load balanced
DNS system which saw query rates an order of magnitude higher than
Pete's which didn't suffer that problem.

Pete - what system is this (please give as much detail as possible -
distro, kernel, relevant sysctls and ldirectord config)? It may be that
this has to be pointed at the -devel list as you're possibly hitting a
bug.

Graeme