[lvs-users] High memory usage

R G electronbeastie at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 30 14:30:12 BST 2013

Hello,

After setting up LVS with Direct Routing, I noticed that even there is
absolutely no traffic passing through the LB,
the memory usage grows continuously until the whole RAM is filled.

Doing some investigations in /proc/slabinfo, I noticed that the RAM is
used by "dentry":
dentry            18933940 18933940    192   20    1 : tunables 120
60    8 : slabdata 946697 946697      0

The memory can be freed using:
echo 2 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

As soon as the memory is cleared, it starts filling up again.

I find this behavior very odd and concerning. If anybody has experienced
something similar, or has any ideas, please share.

OS: CentOS 6.4 64bit
kernel: 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64
latest patches applied via yum update

Thank you!