[lvs-users] local forwarding method not working

L.S. Keijser leon at linux.nl
Fri Dec 13 13:25:38 GMT 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 13:01 +0100, "Matías E. Fernández" wrote:
> In recent versions we have found a change in behaviour that
> seems to break that functionality of a local sorry_server. It boils
> down to LVS not setting the forward mode to "Local" for addresses for
> which there interfaces on the local node.

I experienced this as well a couple of weeks ago. Solution/workaround
was to use LVS-NAT for a sorry server where I just put the address on
the loopback interface and have apache listen on it.

Here's a piece from my ldirectord.cf (I know you're using keepalived,
but the idea is the same) :

virtual=31.x.y.69:80
        fallback=192.168.x.y masq
        real=172.20.x.y:80 masq 100