[lvs-users] lvs DR mode question

Malcolm Turnbull malcolm at loadbalancer.org
Thu Jan 2 08:03:04 GMT 2014

Tom,

The real server has the clients source IP address and replies just
like it would to any other client.
It is unaware of the presence of a load balancer.
The real server can connect to the internet just like any other client
behind a NAT firewall i.e. masqueraded behind a firewall IP address.
I've never seen a firewall that has an issue with the split return traffic.