[lvs-users] the network structure of DR mode ?

Horst Venzke-Fa Remsnet Ltd support at remsnet.de
Thu Jan 2 15:25:21 GMT 2014

Dear Hatt Tom,

> whether  the switch and balance loader is the same machine?

The LB are Never BEEN the  network,(layer 2/3/4 )switch.

Modern BIG comercialy Build  Linux LVS like from loadbalancer.org have an switch build in the appliance ( great stuff ..) .

To build an Simple selfowned & selfmanaged - this are not an requirement.
my damn Homecluster LB L2/L3  switch here at home has cost 10 eur i.e :-) - ok you won´t service PRod with that - but it works.

Regulary  with LVS DR ..  LB´s and Realservers been connected to the SAME Network using the same  network( layer 2/3 )switch(s).
This can be streched across Datacenters over VLAN  & VPN usage.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Horst Venzke ; PGP NET : 1024G/082F2E6D ;  http://www.remsnet.de