[lvs-users] IPv6 loadbalancer and source addr selection

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Wed Jan 8 20:50:34 GMT 2014

Hi,

I want to set up a IPv6 load balancer in direct routing mode. So I configure a
IPv6 address an my loadbalancer and the same IPv6 addr on the lo interface of
the real servers.

No to the problem:
Since the IPv6 is the last IPv6 address configured on the interface in that
subnet the loadbalancer uses this IPv6 addr to communicate with the real
server. The real server answers to the IPv6 addr on the lo interface and to
communication is possible.

So no connection from the loadbalancer to the real server is possible.

I found a solution via the ip -6 addlabel (see RFC 6724). No I am wondering if
the is a more simle solution. Any hints? Thanks.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--