[lvs-users] so-called "one arm NAT" LVS-NAT and interaction with netfilter/iptables

Ivan Havlicek ivan at modulix.org
Mon Jun 30 13:15:13 BST 2014

Hi,

I use also ipvs in NAT mode with some SNAT rules to force traffic go
back to client through my ipvs gateway.
Note sure, but I guess that in your case, this should work with
localhost service.
In all cases, you should use IPVS specific iptables rules like that :

iptables -t nat -A IPVS_SNAT -m ipvs -d 10.180.88.29/32 --vaddr
10.180.88.35 --vport 514 -j SNAT --to-source 10.180.88.35 -m comment
--comment "SNAT ipvs"

I hope it will help you to find a solution.
Best regards.
--
                                    Ivan Havlicek