[lvs-users] "selective balancing" - make requests from 1.2.3.4 go to realserver_A, all others - to realserver_B

Tomasz Chmielewski tch at virtall.com
Fri Mar 7 10:52:22 GMT 2014

I was wondering if I can use ipvsadm not only for load balancing, but
also for "code testing".

Normal scenario (i.e. what I use right now):

- both servers acting as directors and realservers,
- IP failover for HA,
- least connection scheduling, fwm protocol.

"Code testing" scenario:

- we want client traffic from 1.2.3.4, 2.3.4.5 and 3.4.5.6 go to
  server_1,
- all other client traffic hits server_2.

Is it possible with ipvsadm / ldirectord? Any hints appreciated!

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org