[lvs-users] about NAT return path

support at remsnet.de support at remsnet.de
Sun Feb 22 09:01:07 GMT 2015

Hello Yonghua Peng,

AS per  LVS-NAT concept the realservers are allmost at an second network( rfc1912 ipaddresses allmost ):

haveing i.e net 1.2.3.4 on lb1  at eth0
haveing i.e net 192.168.1.1 on lb1  at eth1

external VIP i.e :  1.2.3.3

haveing i.e net 1.2.3.5 on lb1  at eth1
haveing i.e net 192.168.1.2 on lb2  at eth1

and the VI_GATEWAY on eth1  with i.e : 192.168.1.3

VI_GATEWAY are  managed by ldirectord or keepalived or other HA IPVS app.
VI_GATEWAY  with keepalived  managed by vrrp

keealive docu : http://www.keepalived.org/LVS-NAT-Keepalived-HOWTO.html

Make shure implement nonlocalbinds sys-ctl on realservers.
make shure implement ip forward and nonlocalbinds on LB´s

AS per  LVS-DR concept the realservers can be in the same or different networks and not require any NAT
LVS DR uses the standard default gw allmost  with rarp

see http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-DR.html

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Horst Venzke ; PGP NET : 1024G/082F2E6D ;  http://www.remsnet.de