[lvs-users] About ipvs of sctp configuration

Julian Anastasov ja at ssi.bg
Mon Jan 12 20:41:09 GMT 2015

	Hello,

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014, overcastsky.zhao at gmail.com wrote:

> helloMy name is Zhao Qing,I come from China,Would like to ask you a question。I want to try to use ipvsadm use sctp protocol configuration ipvs,But the man ipvsadm did not specify,Do you have this information can guide me to complete the configuration on sctp agreement ipvs distribute it?
>
> My system is centos 6.4 kernel 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64
>
> ipvs 1.2.1 and ipvsadm1.26 can complete the task sctp distribute it?
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/  according to the instructions is possible, but google did not search the available examples and explanations, so to find you。
>
> This is my problem, I hope you did not bother to,I wish you a happy work。

	Latest ipvsadm version can be obtained with:

# git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/ipvsadm/ipvsadm.git

	But SCTP support is missing from ipvsadm.
May be we have to implement --sctp-service option.
Currently, admins use fwmark service to support SCTP, for example:

# Mark SCTP (protocol 132):
iptables -t mangle -A INPUT -p 132 -d $VIP ... -j MARK --set-mark 1
# Add fwmark-based service as usually
ipvsadm -A -f 1 -s wlc
ipvsadm -a -f 1 -r $RIP:$RPORT -m

Regards