[lvs-users] several masters possible?

Phillip Moore pdm at box.com
Fri Mar 27 02:46:32 GMT 2015

I am looking into using IPVS in front of a farm of apache traffic servers.
>From what I have seen thus far it seems like IPVS syncing works with a
single master and single backup nodes that can take over when needed.

Is it possible to have several nodes accepting traffic for the same VIP
with IPVS and still maintain the failover ability of a tcp session? I may
want to push more traffic in and out than a single host can handle (or that
we would really want it to handle). Or is this just not what IPVS was meant
for ?

Thanks for any input.

Phillip Moore