[lvs-users] LVS FULLANT perf test result

Malcolm Turnbull malcolm at loadbalancer.org
Thu Mar 24 08:07:54 GMT 2016

As no one else has replied I thought I would.

LVS fullNAT is not widely used but is likely to perform very well as it is
simple layer 4 routing.
Most people use LVS for layer 4 dr/masq mode and HAProxy for anything that
needs Layer 7 i.e. a proxy (fullnat).

F5 is the top of the range commercial product so neither LVS or HAProxy are
anything like it. However they can give 95% of the performance/features
when configured correctly.
Loadbalancer.org, Kemp & Barracuda Networks all use LVS for layer 4 load
balancing in their commercial products.

You are much better off looking at what your requirements are first NOT
comparing to a random commercial product.