[lvs-users] [DSR] improve performance

Julian Anastasov ja at ssi.bg
Mon Jun 11 19:51:38 BST 2018

	Hello,

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018, Derick Fontes wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm looking for improvements for DSR balancing.
>
> As for balancing I have nothing to complain about, it fulfills its role
> perfectly. But I am suffering from high memory usage and at times high
> usage of cpu.
>
> I do not know if anyone has ever suffered from this, but I would like
> suggestions on how to improve and get more performance.
>
> I'm open to suggestions.

	You can save memory/cycles by disabling conntrack for
the IPVS traffic. Try such rules and report if there is any gain:

# Remote clients:
iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d VIP --dport VPORT -j CT --notrack

# If using local clients to VIP:VPORT:
iptables -t raw -A OUTPUT -o lo -p tcp -d VIP --dport VPORT -j CT --notrack

	You will not be able to match by RELATED,ESTABLISHED but
-m state --state UNTRACKED should work, if needed at all.

> linux: CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
> kernel: 4.4.128-1.el6.elrepo
> piranha: 0.8.6-7.el6
> ipvsadm: 1.26-4.el6
>

> #free -m
> Mem:        128893     128298        595          0        133        586

	Interesting :) Just 128MB?

> -/+ buffers/cache:     127578       1315
> Swap:         4095          0       4095

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja at ssi.bg>