[lvs-users] SIP over TCP packet load balancing in LVS-NAT

Aaron West aaron at loadbalancer.org
Mon Jun 18 11:02:52 BST 2018

Hi Suman,

I'm afraid not, it would be required that the three-way handshake
happens against one server with TCP traffic and then data is sent.

As such one client must talk to one server for a single ESTABLISHED
TCP connection.

UDP is different, it's stateless so no handshake so you can use
OPS(One Packet Scheduling) to spray packets in a round robin fashion,
another trick with UDP when not using OPS is setting the timeout for
UDP to 1 sec which can give you a pseudo OPS when it's not available.

Aaron West

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.

www.loadbalancer.org
Aaron West

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.

www.loadbalancer.org

+1 888 867 9504 / +44 (0)330 380 1064
aaron at loadbalancer.org

LEAVE A REVIEW | DEPLOYMENT GUIDES | BLOG